Friday, March 21, 2008

Adnan Dares To Advise Ku Li

Tengku Razaleigh Hamzah has offered himself up as an alternative chief for Umno. He has also called for a post-mortem EGM to deliberate on Umno’s disastrous outing at the general elections.

'Now I am old but still fearless,' says Ku Li. He also says, 'I am independent from any influences and am willing to serve. I only have to answer to God.'

At 71, many younger Umno leaders regard Ku Li past his prime. However, his willingness to stick out his neck to challenge Pak Lah says something about him, especially with so many leaders pussyfooting around issue, swollen with ambition but not having any guts to admit it.

Whether or not Ku Li is the right man – that’s another issue.

The most hilarious thing now is Tengku Adnan Mansor has chided Ku Li for opening his mouth. Yesterday’s news quote Adnan ‘advising Ku Li not to create trouble.’

‘I don’t understand Ku Li for wanting to go against the Prime Minister. Please don’t create any more trouble,’ he says, speaking to the media at the Putra Mosque during the Maulidur Rasul celebrations.

Let us remind ourselves who Adnan is. He is our new Tourism Minister and the man who stepped into Radzi Sheikh Ahmad’s shoes as Umno secretary-general when Radzi quit his post a few days ago.

He’s also the man implicated in the VK Lingam judge-fixing video scandal.

Testifying in court on Thursday, last January 17, this is how he answered
questions by leading officer Azmi Ariffin as reported by The Star:

Azmi: There is an Indian man talking on the phone in the clip. Can you identify him?

Tengku Adnan: When I first looked, the image was not clear but after a while I could see that he was Datuk V.K. Lingam.

The Minister was then shown the 14-minute clip and confirmed it was Lingam using the phone in the clip.

After that he was asked about 11 parts of the video clip where Lingam made allegations attributed to him, all of which he categorically denied.

The following are the parts in the script read out by Azmi to Tengku Adnan and the Minister’s reply.

Azmi: Lingam said: ‘I told Tengku Adnan yesterday I had a meeting with him ... and he said no problem, he said he is going to make you ... acting or ... aa ... confirm your position as PCA ... working very hard and then get Tan Sri Mokhtar as the CJM lah.’ Was he telling the truth?

Adnan: No.

Azmi: ‘According to Tengku, I’m going to see him tomorrow, there is a letter sent to ... ah ... CJ ... ah I mean to Tan Sri Dzaiddin that Datuk Heliliah, Datuk Ali ... and Datuk Ramly and Datuk Ma’arop be made judges ... and aa ... he rejected ah ... that Dr Andrew Chew and apa itu Zainuddin Ismail lah because Zainuddin Ismail who condemned your appointment and Tan Sri Mokhtar’s appointment.’ Was this true or not?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘I told Tengku Adnan to inform PM, PM to call you for a meeting. But I ... I will organise this so that Tengku Adnan will call you directly ... and then I got your number. I will tell him to call you directly to arrange for you to meet PM lah. Ah so should be okay. Ah. Then ah ... correct, correct, correct, because it is very important that key players must be there.’ Was this within your knowledge?

Adnan: I did not know about it.

Azmi: ‘Ah but never mind, I will do this ... I will get the ... Tengku Adnan to arrange for PM to call you and Tan Sri Vincent Tan.’ True or not?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘One day, I went to Vincent Tan’s house, I fired him at night in the house. I said bloody hell if you don’t do this, who will do it? All these people, Tun Eusoff Chin, Datuk Ahmad Fairuz, Tan Sri Zainon all fought for us. Then he called Tengku Adnan. I told Tengku Adnan. He said, saya bukan Perdana Menteri Malaysia-lah, you know, if the old man don’t want to listen to me, go to hell.’ True?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘But now, the PM is very alert because every time he gets letters from Tan Sri Dzaiddin ... he calls Tengku Adnan, he said discuss with Vincent, come and discuss and ... Yes, yes ... yah, correct ... correct ... Ya, but you see although I know PM, but my views ... I am a lawyer in practice, My views are not ... I go through them, I go through them lah.’ True or not?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘Oh but ... don’t worry, we will organise this, and if Tan Sri Vincent ... if Tan Sri Vincent and Tengku Adnan want to meet you privately, they will ... I will get them to ... I will call you. We will organise a private arrangement ... in a very neutral place.’ True or not?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘I am constantly working on this ... I ... Ya, ya don’t worry, don’t worry ah ... We work hard on this, Dato, and then aa ... if Tan Sri Vincent and Tengku want to see you, I will organise in such a ... a confidential place.’ True or not?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘Don’t worry. Dzaiddin recommended Malek ... Malek Ahmad to be Chief Judge of Malaya, but we went aa cut cut cut cut cut. I, Tengku Adnan, Vincent went and saw PM lah. Got him thrown out because he is anti-PM. We put Fairuz in.’ True or not?

Adnan: No, when he spoke he must have been drunk.

Azmi: ‘So, now I am working very hard. So, he agreed to meet Vincent Tan and PM and ah ... what you call ... Tengku Adnan.’ True or not?

Adnan: Not true.

Azmi: ‘He knows ... I am a ... but when PM calls me on Anwar’s case, I can tell him ... He, he will listen. But if I go promote so and so, that means I got interest. So, I don’t do that. I use Vincent and Tengku to go there and I go f*** them up.’ True or not?

Adnan: He never used me to see the (ex) PM.


In 2001 when the video clip was made, Adnan was a Deputy Minister in the PM’s Department assisting the law minister. The chap who made the video, one Loh Gwe Burn has since gone on to stand for the general elections and won the Kelana Jaya parliamentary seat. He is only 32 and stood on a Keadilan ticket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.